Saturday, March 21, 2015

A boys canvas...no flowers allowed! with Jan Mackenzie.

Hello everyone and welcome to my canvas with boy rules!

This is a photo of my son at graduation and I was given strict instructions that I was not allowed to add flowers as this is his to add to our family wall.
As my wall is quite vintage with cream colourings I have coloured the canvas with first a coat of cream acrylic paint and then added a dabber in a lighter cream colour.
Cherish canvas


The MM chipboard scrolls have been painted with white and  gold and then I have added embossing powder to the top one and oven baked it for 2 mins to get that weathered look.


I have added some coordinating hand made papers from the Memory Maze range.

I have then added some embellishments just to bring out the flourish and made it the star!

Memory Maze Supplies:
Cream embossed rose handmade paper




Thank you for joining me and happy scrapping!

Jan MacKenzie
2015 Memory Maze Design Team Member.


2 comments:

  1. Love the oven baking technique Jan. What temperature did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bling on the creation. I still think you could have added one or two flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete