Sunday, June 5, 2016

Steampunk canvas - by Toni Herron

Good evening fellow crafters, it's Toni here tonight to bring you my latest DT creation for Memory Maze. I wanted to share something a bit different and out of my own comfort zone yet again and chose to go wild with this SteamPunk themed canvas.
 

Steam Punk Canvas

 
 
So I started off by preparing this 8"x8" canvas with white Gesso, then before it dried I quickly sprinkled over some Silver Opal embossing powder. When it was heated up, it gave a great melted metal look.
 
Next I used a MM Brick stencil and Modelling Paste with Gold embossing powder coating it. I loved the look of it bubbling when it was being heat dried. Added that extra special Steampunk feel.
 
I added a little bit of colour to the base with some Distress Inks. And topped it off with a few dashes of Barn Door ink to compliment the chipboard piece that will be featured in the middle of the canvas.
 
Now it was onto colouring the chipboard pieces. Again, I covered some Cogs in the Silver Opal powder and the centre Steampunk piece with Distress Powder.
 
 
So the final touches were to hot glue everything down! I added some extra cogs to the other corners. I have used the Silver Opal powder again and two distress inks to softly colour them.
Embellished with plenty of Steampunk themed goodies like; train, key, clock, pins etc..  
 
 
 
Memory Maze products used;
 
 
 
Cogs 
 
12 x 12 all there is is cogs
  
Inverted brick 8x8  min buy 3
 
Thank you so much for joining me today
Toni Herron
2016 Memory Maze DT Member
 

2 comments: