Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Our Family with Mel Barnicoat

Hi all and welcome to my post for the week.

This week I decided to play with some mixed media and texture paste. I love using stencils and texture paste as it give such a great depth to my creations.
I have used a flat canvas which I covered with Gesso first as a primer. I then used texture paste and a mask. I then cut up some great Memory Maze chipboard and used it along the bottom and side of my canvas. I love cutting up the large pieces and using as their own separate pieces on my work. The remainder of this piece of chipboard I have used on my card.




 Once I had added my chipboard pieces which I covered with Gesso, and some flowers, I covered the entire canvas with some great Artiste sprays. When the spray was still wet I wiped most of it off the chipboard pieces so that they were still white but with a tint of the sprays.






My chipboard title was wiped the same way as the other chipboard pieces. Once it was dry I squirted some White Opal Liquid Pearls over it and spread it with my finger so that it had some texture to it.

For my card I used the leftover chipboard piece from my canvas. I covered it with Gesso and then sprayed it with some pink spray. I let it dry by itself so that the spray would settle any way it wanted to on the chipboard. If you spray while the chipboard is still wet with Gesso the spray with be a lighter colour and will take on the texture and direction of the Gesso.


Thanks for having a look at my creations. Once you have finished why not head over to the Memory Maze shop and have a look at the range of large chipboard pieces that you can cut down to use on smaller creations.


Mel Barnicoat
Memory Maze Design Team Member 2015
xxx

3 comments:

  1. now you look like you have been having such a fun time , love all the mixed media, techniques
    just great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous colors so beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. Wow!! :). The canvas is stunning and the card is simply LOVELY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete