Friday, June 30, 2017

Steampunk Canvas by Lynn Good

Hi, Lynn here with a canvas that I have created using items found in my sons room after he left home.  This is my memory canvas!!!!




I started using a stencil and Prima Gloss Medium on the canvas in the areas I knew would not be covered by the computer motherboard.  I then began gluing all the things I found - Computer memory board, dominoes, cd, buttons, screws, bolts, nuts, bearings to name a few.  I then added metal embellishments and chipboard pieces. 




Once the Prima heavy duty gel I used to glue everything down with was dry I covered everything with black gesso.  In hindsight it would have been easier to gesso in stages of layering!


Once the two coats of gesso were dry I began colouring using Prima Art Alchemy paints and Prima Art Alchemy Sparks paints. Layers and layers of paints and finishing touches with Micro and Glass Beads and Prima Art Alchemy Wax. - a list of of all the colours I have used are at the bottom of the blog. 
Here are some close ups:














Chipboard Used:








Other products:

Prima Art Alchemy Paints:
Deep Waters
Steampunk Copper
Gold Rush

Prima Art Alchemy Sparks Paints:
Magical Pond
Iris Potioin
Dragons Eye
Mermaid Sparkle

Prima Micro Beads - Copper and Black
Prima Glass Beads - Zinc
Prima Art Alchemy Wax - Bronze Age & Rich Copper.

Thanks for stopping by and until next time - Happy crafting :)


Lynn xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment