Monday, September 9, 2013

September from Susan

Hi again from Susan. Here I have a layout for you with more of the wonderful chipboard pieces from Memory Maze Designs along with some instructions on how I made it.
 
HAPPILY
This layout is all about my husband and myself and it celebrates the fact that we have been married  for nearly 32 wonderful years!

The frame was primes with gesso then when dry it was coated with red acrylic paint.

Once the paint had dried I smudged the edges with dark grey ink to create a shadow around it. There is a close up in the photo below.


Next I stamped a swirling stamp pattern in clear ink over the painted frame and sprinkled on copper embossing powder then heated it. This allowed the red paint to show through the copper embossing. giving the frame smooth and rough textures.



For the swirls I coated them in gesso then when dry I used brown ink over the top as I didn"t want the white gesso showing through the glitter. I cover the chipboard with white gesso as it makes the colour stand out better.

The dry swirl was coated with dimensional magic/crystal glaze then I sprinkled copper glitter over the top and left it overnight to dry. The excess glitter was gently shaken off then a top coat of dimensional magice was applied and left to dry. This makes for a sparkly high gloss finish.

A few pearl drops were stuck around the swirl to dress it up a bit.

The love banner was simply inked and the word love coloured with Smoch ink then a couple of pearls were added for the final touch. This was then clustered together with a tag and flowers.
Even with all the waiting for embellishments to dry, this was a fun layout to make.
So gather up all your bits and pieces and have a go at findiing fun ways to alter your chipboard pieces.
 
MEMORY MAZE PIECES
Frame vow4
LOVE banner word so797
Corner flourish lo114
 
Other Materials
Kaisercraft-paper blooms, pearls, Simple Stories-Generations-Remember When, Dimensional Magic, Staz On ink-Timber Brown, copper embossing powder, white gesso, Smooch-green & molasses.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment