Thursday, October 24, 2013

Susan's October Post

Hi again from Susan. We are nearly at the end of October with only about 6 weeks until Christmas! Time to have those handmade goodies on the go. The layout I'm showing you today is of my sister and myself when we were young. The frame is perfect for showcasing the old square photos. It started off as a plain white frame. We always say "love,me" as a short version of " I love you, love from me "

LOVE ME


Firstly I adhered the chipboard pieces, the pearl strips and the resin flowers onto the frame. It looks a bit crowded at the moment but once it is coated with white gesso it all blends in better. The gesso helps to prime the surface for other mediums to cling to it. The frame was sprayed with Perfect Pearls in interference red and lightly sprayed with Radiant Rain mist in solar gold.


The chipboard words were painted with Plaid glitter paint 
in hot pink.
On the words big sister I cut off the "ter" because I am her "big sis" and "just love me"was shortened to "love me". Your chipboard pieces can be acted to fit in with your theme.


Metal embellishments can be coated with gesso which gives it "tooth" for the paint to stick to it.
Memory Maze chipboard has a great surface for using all types of mediums on it.


Multiple pieces of chipboard can be used on your projects to create a layered look.

MEMORY MAZE PRODUCTS USED

Frame
Big sister
Family
Love
Just Love Me
Swirly corners
Fancy bar piece

Other Products Used
Kaiser pearl strips, metal fans, resin flowers, paper flowers & leaves

It was fun creating this frame and I hope there are some useful tips too. Happy scrapping from Susan.


2 comments: