Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fun scrapbooking layouts with Jodie Mason

I hope that this post finds you all well. Hopefully this will be the last time that I am having to create without being in my craft room, and with very limited supplies. Today, I have a few layouts for you that were as much fun to create as we had in the actual pictures.

Delightful Droppers

Now I'm not sure about you, but my kids love to get into my craft area and get their 'creative' on just like I do. This layout features pictures of my 3 year old daughter, Holly letting her creative juices flow as she painted some watercolour masterpieces. I set her up with a palette filled with colours (a combination of water and food colours), had some water colour paper on the bench in front of her and handed her some droppers. Then she was left to her own devices. Once dry I added some of her artwork to my layout.

Given the complete randomness of her colours and composition I thought that the mayhem chipboard pieces fitted in nicely. These were created by covering with white gesso first, and then using various alcohol inks to drop colour onto the chipboard. Once dry a coat of glossy accents was applied.



Memory Maze supplies used:



Finally Together

After a pretty long engagement my husband and I finally managed to tie the knot last year. These were some of the pictures from our day together. Combined with our wedding colours and papers to tie in to our wedding themes, this layout came together quite easily. I couldn't get just the right tone and shade of blue in a paint/ink/chalk etc., so decided to cover my chipboard pieces in the metallic blue papers that we used for the wedding. After gluing this down, I used my craft knife to carefully cut around the edges of the chipboard. I also used some smaller off-cuts from a sheet of chipboard to add dimension to some of the pictures and sentiments.



Memory Maze supplies used:


I hope that this has provided you with some inspiration, and until next time, keep creating.

Thanks for visiting

JODIE MASON
Memory Maze Design Team 2015

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jodie these are gorgeous and loving the multi coloured technique on the first layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh my, wow!! The fun that Holly had and obviously you did too while making the first layout!!!! :) and your wedding layout, so beautiful.. Love the sentimental stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete