Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - DT Projects

I've had a lovely time playing with all the wonderful Memory Maze chipboard pieces this month. I have three new layouts to share with you all today. 

Perfect Hat


My daughter loves to go through the bin ... gross I know. We've given up on a regular bin and instead have a small bench top one out of reach. Little bin = little lid and the perfect size for little heads! 


I used frames from the scalloped overlays pack which I inked in yellow. This piece was going to end up under my photo so I chopped it off to use here instead. They looked a little plain just in the yellow so I decided to stitch them on in a contrast colour to break it up. 


I used the 'perfect' word from the banner words pack as part of my title. I simply inked it and then highlighted the writing with my silver Sharpie. The title is layered over the other piece of scalloped overlay. 


I also used the largest size of overlay to go under the main area of my photo. The pack comes with several sizes all nested inside one another. It was the perfect size to layer over a paper doiley.

Memory Maze products:

Other products used:
Echo Park papers, bazzil cardstock, ink, watercolour paints, thread, pen, D-lish Scraps flowers, lurex ribbon, paper doiley, AC thickers.

....................................................................................................

Bus Trip Selfies


Being a Work from home Mum and running your own business has it's perks. Being my own boss still allows me to have the flexibility to be there for my kids when I need to. I was lucky enough to be able to head along on a recent excursion with the class. We hit traffic on the way home on the bus so amused ourselves by taking some selfies. 


I'm obsessed with stars! I love all the different types of chipboard stars that Memory Maze has to offer. They are the perfect accent for my boy pages. This smaller one is from the multipack and I have simply covered it in some patterned paper.


The other stars are from the 12x12 stars set. This sheet is such great value and you get sooo many pieces. A big set of nested stars fill the centre and all the other space on the sheet is filled with various size stars. I finished off my cluster with a few of the people from the micro sheet. Covering them in paper was a little tedious but well worth the effort. 

Memory Maze products:

Other products used:
Carta Bella papers, Teresa Collins papers, Echo Park papers, cardstock, Jillibean Soup alpha stickers, Studio Calico star stickers, MoTEX tape writer, A Piece of Cake Designs Cherry Flair, ink, pen, tiny attacher.

....................................................................................................

Sleep


My daughter always sits on the couch while I vacuum. She doesn't hate the vacuum but I wouldn't say she's a fan of it either. I went down the hall to do the bedrooms and when I came back I found her fast asleep. She's certainly not one to just nod off so this was a very rare moment.  


I used the flower swirl piece for this page which I inked in pastel green. I they added some pen to the petals and some adhesive pearls to the centres of the flowers. 


There was a part of the design that would be completely covered by the flowers so I cut it off and rearranged it to poke out the other side of the cluster.


For the main area I used one of the nested inverted corner squares which I covered in some patterned paper. I split the frame apart under the photo area which gives the illusion of it actually being a rectangle.

Memory Maze products:

Other products used:
Authentique papers, cardstock, Scrappers Garden flowers and butterflies, ink, pen, paper doiley, D-lish Scraps resin flowers and leaves.

....................................................................................................

Thanks for stopping by the blog, I'll be back again later in August to share some more layouts with you all. 

Amanda 


5 comments:

  1. totally stunning I just love your style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice layouts. I especially like the pearls in the centre of the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching with the chhipboard looks great and it's a lovely way to highlight it. All your layouts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have dresses all your chippie, love the thread :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your clean lines also,great LOts

    ReplyDelete