Monday, August 12, 2013

Erin Reed - August DT Reveal

It is always so bittersweet to be at the end of a design team term, but as always I have had a blast working with Memory Maze and I hope that I have inspired some people to get out there and make some paper crafts and to get their creative juices flowing.

Please enjoy my last post for Memory Maze it truly has been a wonderful company to work with and be apart of, plus their products are AMAZING!!!

.....................................................................................................................................

So Blessed
Acrylic Trifold

Over a year ago I went to a conference and took a class on how to use acrylic.  We made the three background pieces in that class.  Since then they have been sitting in the bag I brought them home in since the class did not allot enough time to finish the project, but it was still a fun class.  As I was cleaning up and packing my scrap area getting ready to move I came across the bag with my unfinished project laying inside.  I took the parts (paper, flowers, and acrylic) and mixed them in with some raw chipboard to complete the look.  Never be afraid to deviate from the products and look of a class project, make it your own!!

I did not place any pictures into the trifold yet, as I wanted to place more current pictures of my kids dressed up nicely and we are getting professional pictures done of my little ones when my daughter turns 1 at the end of August.

 Wrought Iron 39
 Boarder Hook 2
Here I cut up 2 of the chippie swirls and placed them behind the flower on the top.  I then used two underscore chippies and placed them on either side of the mat and stamped title.


Vintage Corners

Here I used the vintage corner chippie at the top and a swirl with a flower on top at the bottom.

Boarder Hook 2 
 Wrought Iron 39

On the last page I used the same swirl chippie as the first page but whole and the same underscore between the two mats.

Memory Maze Products
Vintage Corner - C0139
Boarder 40 - E0011
Boarder Hook 2 - S0148
Wrought Iron 39 - S-0430
  ...........................................................................................................................................

Pretty Cards

Every now and then I get in a bind for a wedding shower card, wedding card, baby card, etc.  I want to give something pretty and dainty.  So I created 3 simple cards that have a feel of shabby chic to give out for any of these occasions when they arise in the future.  I used the same papers and embellishments, just different designs to give them a one of a kind feel.
 



For each of these cards I used a small chippie word that I left raw.  Don't always feel that you have to dress up, paint, or alter your chippie if it looks good on the project just the way it is. For the word "wishes" I had cut the word "best" off previously and used in another project.

Forever
Best Wishes

kisses

Memory Maze Products
  forever - G0080 
Best Wishes - C0015
 kisses - G0192 

 ..............................................................................................................................

Vintage Gift Box

Since we are moving we are saying goodbye to our nanny that we have had for the past year to help me with the kids during my husbands deployment and moving days.  I want to give her a little thank you for all her help and hard work she has given us this past year, so I made this little gift box for her.


12 x 12 flourish corner set 8sold 3\'s
I used a plain black gift box (about 1 inch deep and 3 x 3 inches square). I then decorated the top of the box for a bit of fun.  I used the same ink on the chippie (pink distress ink) as I did to ink the edges of the papers on the box.  I used the smallest chippie from the 12x12 swirl set.


Memory Maze Products
12x12 flourish corner set - Z0024

Enjoy!!


4 comments:

  1. beautiful work Erin, thankyou so much for being part of the team. Im sure this is not the last we will see of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects Erin. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your projects are stunning. I love the decorated box especially.

    ReplyDelete