Thursday, August 8, 2013

Donna O'leary - Design Team Spot

Hello and Welcome to my wee slice of the world, New Zealand.  I live in a stunning country with amazing places to go and explore and  such friendly people.  Being such a small wee country it is hard to find embellishments  for  scrapbooking projects and cards.  One of the awesome things that Memory Maze does is if you think you have a good idea is to share it.  I suggested some New Zealand theme chip board would be awesome.  Today I am showing you just a few bits that has been sent to me by Sally ( shes awesome).



...................................................................................................................................................................WORD ART

I love the look of word art and have always wanted to give it a go.  So I got a small canvas (A5, I think).  I did not colour the canvas, I wanted the words and chippie to stand out.


I love how it turned out and will be making more very soon.  Here is a close up of the AWESOME CHIPBOARD 


I have covered them in a thick moulding gel and let it set and then randomly covered them with foil paper from WOW.  I have done that technique with all the chipboard on this project.  


I added distress ink on some to give a bit more detail.


...................................................................................................................................................................

NEW ZEALAND

I REALLY love how my Sheep and lambs have turned out,  in my stash of embossing powders I found some white puff powder and it really worked a treat!


A close up...





Don't they look real!  I think Chip board is one of the best products to have in your stash,  you can do so many creative things with it.   I also added one of the New Zealand titles to my card

A really good trick to do when you are using really fine detailed piece is to add the glue to your non stick craft mat and then dip the back into the glue lightly.  That way you are not trying to get tiny bits on the back and get it everywhere.  

...................................................................................................................................................................

HELLO FROM NEW ZEALAND

My last card for today is Hello from New Zealand.  I have made a step card and added my Cut out of New Zealand to the front.  Before I added it to the front I put a big blob of molding gel on my craft mat and dipped the right side up into it.  Creating creases ( in my case I was hoping them to look a little mountains) 



 A close up. 

Well I hope you have enjoyed my wee share of New Zealand,  Next time round I have a mini album to share with you all using some more New Zealand theme Chipboard.  ( bungee jumping, tramping and a few other cool bits)

Thanks for stopping by, take care and happy scrappin.
Donna













9 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Linda, I had lots of fun.

      Delete
  2. Your sheep look amazing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really wrapped with the way they turned out, thank you

      Delete
  3. Awesome Donna, depicts NZ just right! Cards looking fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah bro, good ya, hehe thanks Shpresa. and thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. These are all so great. I love the way the sheep turned out and they look woolly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan I really loved the way they turned out to.

      Delete