Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hilde Aaslund's August DT reveal- and farewell

Wow, my journey with Memory Maze has gone so fast, too fast, but it has been a very pleasant one, where I have done what I love the most: beeing an inpiration for others by using some of my favourite papercraft items: chipboards. That said, I hope Sally will have an international DT at a later moment and that I will get a second chance then. I'm also very happy to see she'll keep the talented Australian and New Zealand paper crafters, and I'm excited to see what they will come up with over the next months. So my post today will be my last post for a while :-)
 
............................
 
Fellow paper crafters often ask me where I find inspiration for my creations, and the answer is: all over. It can be a photo, an occation I need a card for, a color combo challenge, a sketch or a certain product. I was browsing through my Memory Maze chipboards the other day, when I noticed this corner set and though: "Hey, I want to create with this!"

 
 
In this post I'll show you three examples on how to use this set.
 
.................

Family Fun
 
On this layout I used the corner set to frame a background which allowed the photos to show better on the busy background.




The chipboards are simly covered with gesso and painted with a blue acrylic paint:

.



Additional Memory Maze Chipboard:

 
 
Other supplies: Ready Made Cut File (Jillibean Soup), patterned papers & cut outs (Lemon Owl), alpha (AC), buttons & twine (unknown)

...............................
 
In Cloud Nine
 
I took my Family to London, UK, this Easter Break. We had a blast, and there was one shop I wanted to visit: Desigual - I just love their happy clothes. I think it became hubby's favourite shop too, when the shop keeper offered him a cold beer while he was waiting for me, trying outfits.

 
 
 
The background is made from the paper shopping bag received in the store. It's rather busy, so I used the biggest chipboard piece from the corner set to tie the center cluster together. The chipboard is covered with gesso, inked up in blue and stamped with a grid stamp.
 

 
 
 
Non Memory Maze products used: CS (Bazill), shopping bag (Desigual), cut outs (Crate papers), alpha (AC), Badge (the Paper Bakery), Ink (Ranger), stamp (Kaisercraft), sewing machine, pen


.......................
 
Anchor Card
 
I had some nautical themed items I wanted to use on a card, and the smallest chipboards from the corner set was perfect for this!
 

 
The chipboard is covered with gesso and inked up with a silver ink


Non Memory Maze Products used: All materials except chipboard and CS (Bazill) from The Paper Bakery July Kit. Original sketch: The Paper Bakery
 
...............................
 
I hope this post has given you some ideas on how to use the corner set for both layouts and cards. If you want to see more of my work, you are always welcome to visit my blog :-)

Have a fabolous day!
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing work, love the bold bright first layout, I've loved working with you on the team I'm sure we will see you again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful projects, Hilde! I was happy to know you better and working with you on this team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Hilde....a fond farewell

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful layouts Hilde.Good luck in your future.

    ReplyDelete