Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Misty Willis ~ March DT Reveal

Hi, y'all!  This is Misty Willis with you, and I am sooooo excited to be sharing my very first post with you as a Memory Maze Design Team Member. (Although it is a little late) 
I am not in tune with Aussie time...I think I will put a big alarm clock on my phone for my next posting time to remind me!  

"Kisses"
My first project that I want to share with you is my layout "Kisses".
The kiddo in the center is my youngest daughter getting a kiss sandwich from her older sister and her BFF.  These girls are so super sweet and always happy!  I was so pleased with the fact that I caught this "Kiss Sandwich" on camera!  Yes...they actually called it that! Silly Girls! 


Here are a couple of close ups:
Hint...for theses black pieces, I did a "cheaters" version...LOL.
I used a black sharpie marker and colored the pieces, then used Glossy Accents to go over everything and sprinkled fine grain glitter on everything before it all dried.  
SUPER easy way to get a major impact! 


Memory Maze Supplies:

 ................................................................................

Formy next project, I decided to try my hand at the 3D stackums.  I am not much of a card maker...AT ALL.  The 3D stackums made this an easy task!  I actually enjoy fussy cutting, so these things are right up my alley!  Not major thought process involved...just cut, stack, and send! 
LOVE how this turned out! 


Memory Maze Supplies:
 ................................................................................

"It's a Wonderful Life"

My final project uses quite a bit of Memory Maze chippies! 
And I am TOTALLY in love! 
I used glod glitter acrylic paint and painted the corner and the swirl.
I gave them both a double coat of paint for extra glitter.  Yes...I am a glittery kind of girl! 



For the bird cage, I painted it black, thenI went over with a light layer of the gold glitter paint. I wanted to achieve a distressed wrought iron effect.


I used the "It's a Girl" mini word phrase and clipped off the word Girl.  
I only wanted the "It's A" to complete my title.  



Memory Maze Supplies:

I hope you have enjoyed my projects today, and I hope I have inspired you! 
I am about to head over to the Memory Maze store and go shopping..maybe you should too! Even if only to take a look and make yourself a Wishlist! 
Have a wonderful Week!
Misty Willis




11 comments:

  1. Amazing work, those stackums are so easy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Misty it is soo pretty . well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cool, love then all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gret layouts, the first one is my favourite - very funky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful detail work on these layouts!
    And the stackum card looks just fabolous, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Misty,fantastic first post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Misty stunning work ~

    ReplyDelete