Friday, May 9, 2014

Hand-made With Love~Donna O'leary

Welcome everyone,  I hope this post finds you all well.  This months them is a about mothers!  What would we do without them :-)

* * * * * * * * * * 

Handmade with love

I created this layout of my mum and oldest daughter Sammy.  Sammy had her 21st this year and my mum and family came down to celebrate with us.  My mum had a special gift for her.  She had spent MANY hours making a crazy quilt for her our of velvet.  My mum did not have a sewing machine at the time and she hand stitched the whole quilt together and THEN she added embroidery stitches to every patch.  Talk about labour of love.


So I created a layout of mum finishing off the quilt on my sewing machine and then the very special time when Sammy received the quilt xox


Memory Maze had the perfect chipboard to complement my layout.  A reel of cotton with needles.  I used metallic rubs and white pen on this.  I then threaded cotton around it to make it look real.


I added the wee hearts to show the love in these photos, again I kept it simple and just coloured it white.



Here you can see the pride in my mums face.  This was the last part of the quilt.  Finished after many hours of love!  I added a needle to the flowers with thread and some more hearts.  The fancy stitches in the background are a stitch my mum showed me how to do, and a did on a couple of the patches.  I wanted to added some sort of stitching to the layout.


The last chipboard I added was the scissors which I coloured with pen.  mums scissors were red :-)
I am going to get this layout framed and send to my mum.

* * * * * * * * * * 

ARTIST TRADING BLOCKS

I am apart of a New Zealand scrappy facebook page and every now and then we have a swap.  This time round it was trading artist blocks.  I had so much fun making these and I plan on making more.


I constructed the blocks with memory maze flat chipboard sheets,  It's perfect for creating off the page projects that need strength behind them.   I then painted and added a background to my blocks.


 I stamped images onto water colour paper, embossed and then coloured with distress markers.


 Then the fun began with adding the finishing touches.  I added alot of memory maze chipboard to my blocks.  I painted them with distress paint, sanded, aged and  added ink to get the effect I wanted.


Close ups of chipboard.


 * * * * * * * * * * *

BEST MATES

My last share for today is a layout I created of my wee man.  Alex has found a wee mate who just lives around the corner.


I added memory Maze arrows to frame my photo,  these have had the same treatment as the above blocks and are perfect for framing my photo.





Products I used for my projects this month.

Arrows assorted 144 x 155mm

make your own steam punk 300 x 300

miniature cogs 100 x 120 suitable also for project life,ATC and

Thank you for stopping by and having a look at what I have created,  please stop by the other ladies and say hi to.  Take care and Happy Scrappin xox Donna

.

2 comments: