Saturday, May 17, 2014

May projects with Alicia Barry

This month I am continuing the theme on Mothers, with some projects featuring photos taken with my babies on Mother's Day last weekend. This first one is using a 12x12 piece as a background. I have done this before and loved it, so I couldn't wait to try again with a different design.

Happy Mother's Day.


I applied gesso to all the chipboard pieces. I also added some texture paste to the background piece. I then sprayed the background with paint sprays, and some glitter embossing powder in random patches. 


For the title piece, I first sprayed with paint mist, then I swiped some pearlescent paint across the top. The butterflies were inked in white, then embossed with glitter. 


For this project, I have used:









...................................................

Next up, is a layout of my little princess and I.

Mummy's Girl


For the chipboard accent, I have combined two different pieces. I applied gesso to everything, then sponged some green ink. I used some Gelatos to add extra green ink to the top butterfly, along with some pink tinges. 


For the title, I wanted to create an ombre effect. I started by applying gesso, then used green Gelatos to create the mutli toned effect. I also used a little paint spray to help the colours blend.


Products used:









...........................................................

Finally I have a layout featuring my little girl. This layout was created for a project kit available at www.acrafterspassion.com who stock lots of Memory Maze products in Rockhampton Qld. 

Wonderful and amazing.


I have used a fancy frame to highlight my photo in this layout. I have inked it in white, and then embossed it with glitter to make it really shine and sparkle. 


Products used:







No comments:

Post a Comment