Friday, September 19, 2014

Springtime reveal | Alicia Barry |

This month the design team have all been having a play with some pretty little birdhouses that Sally has designed. I love birdhouses, so I couldn't wait to jump into this one...especially with the spring weather we are now having.

Altered Birdhouse
The birdhouse kit itself is just the house seen at the top of my project, but I'm not good at sticking to the rules, so I decided to extend it a little by mounting it on top of a metal candle holder I got from Lifeline.

 I used a Martha Stewart edge punch for the fancy edge.
 The kit does include the cute little bird. This is actually just the inner section of the bird.
 ...and lots of Memory Maze flowers.  I used a picket fence with a vintage gate  wrapped around the base of the birdhouse.

Memory Maze supplies:
Birdcage small approx 5 inches tall
Vintage gateway22x18 sold 3\'s
Fence Wrought Iron

Princess for a day
Next up is a pretty pic of my daughter in a princess dress. 

I have used the title and the sweet little butterflies and crown from the chipboard pack. 

I coated the chipboard in ink, then covered in diamond stickles.

Memory Maze supplies:
Princess for a day


Snow Day
Ok, this is obviously not a spring project. This was from our recent ski trip. 


 I have used a few different pieces on this layout, but treated them all in same way to help create cohesion.

 I first painted all the pieces with distress ink, then added sparkle with diamond stickles, then while wet, sprinkled some white flocking over the time to represent snow.

Memory Maze supplies:
Mixed bag letters. 
Wrought Iron 5
Boarder 1   page border 2 sided  240 x 40mm Sold in 3\'s

No comments:

Post a Comment