Monday, April 29, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - April DT Share

I am totally loving my time on the Memory Maze design team! On the last weekend of the school holidays (QLD) I headed off on a weekend retreat with 33 other wonderful ladies from my local scrap store, Bella Paperie. I was so excited to hear that the lovely Sally, owner of Memory Maze, would be attending and teaching a class there. It was so wonderful to meet her in real life, as so often we only make contact within this industry via the computer. Sally is such a lovely lady and it was great to get to know her better over the course of the weekend. 

A whole weekend of scrapping meant I was able to get a little ahead with my DT projects and the added bonus of sampling and playing with some of the new designs. Even though I put chippy on everything I created, my box came home quite a bit fuller than when I left!

{2} Sweet


I just adore this photo of my little cherubs. It was only taken on my iPhone, snapped after brekky. Ellah is in her highchair and they are both in their PJ's believe it or not. 


I used the word 'sweet' as part of my title which I simply inked.


The little people was something I requested from Sally. I showed her a picture from a toilet door and asked if she could cut me some. Even though she wondered what on earth I would want them for she willingly obliged for me. The end result we both agree looks great! One little boy and one little girl inked and attached to a heart painted with gesso.


I used the largest of the scalloped overlays to frame my photo and have simply covered it with patterned paper. I think this would have to be one of my favourite pieces, I've used it so many times!

Memory Maze products:
Mini word - Cooper - Sweet - G0034
Scalloped Overlays - L0092
Hearts Multi Pkt 5 - S0017
People - New Stock

Other products:
Bazzil cardstock, Echo Park papers: Bundle of Joy Girl, Basic Grey alphabet stickers, D-lish Scraps: flowers, resin flowers, sequins, washi tape, beaded spray, thread, ink, gesso, Amy Tangerine date stamp.

....................................................................................................

Snapshot


We recently adopted some guinea pigs, my boy has been asking for a pet for ages! We got this brown one first, which he calls Oatie. He has such a great temperament and likes to go everywhere with the boy, it's just so darn cute.  


I used an arrow from the multi pack which I inked in black and then wrapped with some twine.


These mini viewfinder reels were another of my requests from Sally. I think they look amazing! Again I simply inked in black and then added a flair button to the centre.

Memory Maze products:
Arrows Assorted - ARROWS
Viewfinder Reel - New Stock

Other products:
Simple Stories papers, bazzil cardstock, ink, Crafter's Workshop template: mini paint splatter, dymo labeller, Amy Tangerine date stamp, D-lish Scraps: cotton twine, manilla tag, D-lish Flair button.

....................................................................................................

Happy Girl



My girl is such a happy little thing. I love to take snaps of her and alter them with apps on my iPhone. I'm particularly fond of the bokeh light affects like the one I've used here. 


I needed some tiny flourishes and the border hooks cut to length were perfect to poke in with my floral cluster.


I used the script word 'happy' as part of my title. I absolutely adore the look of mixed typography and the mini words are the perfect size for doing this on my pages. 



My main cluster was built around the butterfly corner piece. I have inked it to match my other chipboard pieces and then used a butterfly stamp over the top. 


I also scattered a few of the small hearts which I covered in washi tape. Such a simple technique, just lay strips on and then trim away the excess with a sharp knife.

Memory Maze products:
Butterfly Corner Small - S0594
Hearts small - C0043
Border Hook - S0147
Mini Word - Script - Happy - G0215

Other products:
Simple Stories papers, bazzil cardstock, thread, ink, Kaisercraft stamps, Petaloo flowers, D-lish Scraps: flowers, resin flowers, washi tape, Jillibean Soup alphabet stickers.

....................................................................................................

Two Cute


This is an older photo of my babies, something I have been working on for a while and honestly struggling to finish off. Once I decided to add the chipboard, it suddenly all fell into place.


I have used the scalloped border which I have actually cut into two pieces. This not only makes your chippy go further but means it's not wasted if it is going to sit behind something and not seen. 


I used the 'cute' word for my title. I didn't have the right shade of aqua ink and it turned out a bit bright so I was able to dull it down by lightly sponging another colour on top. It gave it a slightly distressed look which matches the papers perfectly.

Memory Maze products:
Scalloped Border - S0593
Cute - S0478

Other products:
Pink Paislee, My Minds Eye and Kaisercraft papers, thread, ink, D-lish Scraps: washi, felt blossoms, resin flowers, crochet flower, glass cabachon, metal cabochon frames, buttons, date stamp, Carolee's mini alphabet stickers.

....................................................................................................

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I've inspired you to dig into your Memory Maze stash and get creative and if you fave scrappy store doesn't yet stock Memory Maze products make sure you point them in the right direction ;)

Till next time, 
Amanda x


4 comments:

  1. Wow Amanda.. awesome work, i love them all. I especially like how you stamped on the chippie butterfly, fantastic creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pages they are all so sweet of full of wonderful chippies

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your layouts are definately sweet and cute! Lovely work Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Amanda - you both have an eye for general design and for the details. I love how you have kept the chipboards quite clean, but given them the right color to fit your projects - perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete