Monday, April 15, 2013

Kim Robertson April DT reveal.

Time Flies

 Hello to everyone out there following the gorgeous Memory Maze Design blog, Kim Robertson here in the UK .
It's my turn to return and post some goodies for you to have a browse through.
I have a really different selection of cards today in that some cards are more difficult than others to create , male cards and sympathy cards are among them I believe so I decided to do just that.

This card I think would be very good for male or female and features the chippie 'On your day' which I sprayed with a cosmic shimmer spritz in gold. Here is a close up view.


I have also used a lot of layering techniques with stamping and embossing and one thing I like to do is to melt ultra thick embossing powder and pour it over things to get an imprint or to pour a puddle on a non-stick surface then stamp into it with heat resistant stamps only (some of the clear ones can melt).
Here you can see
both those techniques.

This is the item I used and you can find it on the shop section of Memory maze.
C0004
........................................................................................................


This card I think is definitely male even though I did sneak in a little ribbon on the left with a tassel and a sparkly button.
I have used one of the stackums for this and it is difficult to see details here but I have used a glaze on the lapels to define them a little.
I used the Forever chippie and cute and sprayed it purple and it goes darker to one side , I then covered the whole thing with some glossy accents which gave it a nice shiny coating but also allowed it to stand proud and protect the chippie.
As you can just pick up the shine here in this close up.
and here on the 'cute'.

G0169
G0080
................................................................................................................

One of the sad things in life and the surest thing too is that at some point we will lose someone special to us or know someone that does, lots of people struggle to know what to say at the difficult time so in my opinion the best thing to do is to write it down but what do we write some people are religious some aren't , some would like lots or words others don't but if you create something like this from the stackums on Memory maze I think it makes it easy for you to then open the card and write from your heart  YOUR words not a generic shop one.
Plenty or room to write on this elegant but simple paper here.
This close up shows that rather than add glitter and turn it into a 'happy card'
I just outlined a few of the petals with a Sakura pen to just hint at separation in the leaves to let the image of peace and lillies say what you need to at this difficult time.
DS0458
.............................................................................................................
On a happier note and not forgetting the ladies I used some really pretty papers which I got free in a magazine but it was really good quality ( unlike usual in mags) haha 
I added my stamped image and coloured it all in with promarkers then stamped in the flower cascade with a few flowers shades. added a little ribbon etc.
I used the simple and Perfect 'Happy Birthday' chippie after I spritzed it with a baby pink shimmer spray.
This is the inside which I decided to add a book mark as a little gift rather than the usual inserts.
And of course a close up on the wonderful chippie all sparkly on The Happy Birthday.
C0142
Well that's everything for this post, I hope you enjoyed the items I created for you this month and Hope you feel you can leave a comment as it is always lovely to see what others think of your work. Look after yourselves and have a great weekend. I am off to a craft show with my son and his girlfriend at Alexandra Palace here in England which is always a great place to go.
Best wishes to all.
...............................................................................................







9 comments:

  1. Great work on the cards, love them all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic cards Kim,i love them all but especially the male cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all wonderful.Your sympathy card is so tasteful.Love the treatment on the chippy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely cards for all occasions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies glad you enjoyed the cards x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's not easy for me to create a sympathy card, but yours is just the best way to express it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, Kim! I love the details you added to them, such as the tassel and the gold lines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love all the detail on your cards..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much detail, stunning and an amazing job

    ReplyDelete