Monday, April 15, 2013

Sharm Nidyanandan - April DT Reveal

Hi everyone! Sharm here to share some ideas on how to use the pretty Merry Christmas chippies. They are perfect for mini albums and tags. And now is probably just about the right time to scrap those photos from last year's Christmas do isn't it? :)


Mini Album


For this mini album, I layered two chipboard sentiments one on top of the other to create dimension as well as to create a layered effect. First, I painted the chippies with Martha Stewart Acrylic Paint in Gold (you may opt to use any other paint of your choice)

While waiting for it to dry, I embellished the cover with K&Co Ephemera and some punch out and die cut borders.


Once the chippies are dried, I first adhered the 'Tis The Season chippie and right on top of it, leaving some space so that it's not blocked of course, I adhered the Merry Christmas chippie. 

Tip: You can also paint the two chippies in different colours for a varied effect

Memory Maze Supplies Used:


Product ID : C0089


Product ID : C0111

Other Materials:
Staz On, Martha Stewart Paint & Border Punch, Hero Arts Stamp, Memory Box Die

..........................................................................................................................................

My next I'd like to share is a gift tag using the same Merry Christmas chippie. Only this time, instead of painting the chippie, I used glitter

Here's what the tag looks like


Merry Christmas Tag


First, I applied glitter onto the chippie and left it to dry

I then layered the tag with a patterned paper. Next, I stuck some washi tape at random areas and adhered an ephemera. I then tucked some punched out  vintage doily shapes using the Martha Stewart shape punch of the same name.

Once the chippie was dried, I adhered it to the tag, put an eyelet through the top and tied a ribbon!



Memory Maze Product Used:


Product ID : C0111

Other Products:
Glitter, Martha Stewart Punch, K&Co Ephemera

That's all from me today! 



8 comments:

  1. I love anything Christmas and I love how you used the chippies on different projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Mini album Sharm , thanks for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your vintage christmas projects, simply stunning and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work....never too early for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, they are gorgeous, Sharm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely mini and tag, Sharm. It's amazing how much you manage to fit into such a small space :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous..love the sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with the chippies, awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete