Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Out in the country with Memory Maze

Hi everyone. This is Julene and my first 2 layouts are taking us to the country.

    Farm mates


This features "End of Day Cowboys & the word "mates".
 A friend kindly gave me some photos of her mother who grew up on a farm.
These 2 photos are of her with a  neighbour's horse.
I misted the chipboard with "Sugar Maple " coloured mist (also used for the chevrons).Then, using Pinecone coloured ink, I darkened the 2 figures and the saddle. The tag was stained with a teabag and the word mates was painted brown.

Memory maze chipboard used

mates word- T pack of 10

..................................................................

 Rose Hill


This layout features our farm gate with barbed wire and wheel.
 I've inked the whole thing with pinecone ink. I used Autumn tones on this one and twine, plus a strip of field flowers to "grow" near the gate. The photo features old farm machinery with 2 men.
The birds on the gate needed to stand out so I've dabbed white paint on their tummies to resemble magpies.
Here's a close up.


 Memory maze chipboard used

L0177  Farm Gate

................................................

Hop and Chew

 

Next, a little picture made with Memory Maze chipboard

I've used memory Maze bunnies and tree on this layout. It was an inspirational picture of a tree in a field which we needed to interpret.
The details of how to texture the tree can be found on my blog here http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/counterfeit-kit-challenge-1-and-memory.html
Basically, I painted with gesso, daubed brown paint then misted over the top.

Memory Maze Chipboard used

Bunnies
Tree
.........................................................................

Now for a total change of topic

Victorian Gothic


My daughter is a costume designer. This is her favorite Era.
A couple of years ago she went to the "Blue Moon Festival" at Newtown in Sydney .
She dressed a few of her friends in Victorian costumes.
 Erica made her hat, corset and skirt plus styled her boyfriend's suit, waistcoat & watch chain.
They looked great and people stopped them to admire their outfits.

On this layout I used green, black and silver as my main theme.
I've inked in silver, then embossed the flourish next to the photo plus the corset. As a finishing touch on the corset, I've added frilled braid (also from Memory Maze)
Here's a close up of the corset and flourish.


Memory Maze chipboard used

Vintage Corset
Flourish

..............................................

Finally,  a card made for a man using our jigsaws which I've distress inked in black. This was a thank you for a friend who helped with some repairs. I love that Echo Park tool paper.


Memory Maze chipboard used
Jig saw pack of 4.

.................................

6 comments:

  1. what a great assortment of layouts...i especially love the corset

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many fun projects! Love (them all!) the first vintage one, what a fun way to preserve the old photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The country look is great and I love the corset

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the corset LO, all great Lots Julene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a very clever lady... awesome layouts hun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how different your projects are. The old photos are perfect for the farm chipboards, and you have done an amazing job with the other layouts and cards, too.

    ReplyDelete