Friday, July 24, 2015

Best Buddies by Jodie Mason


Hello again and welcome to my first post for this new term here at Memory Maze. I hope this finds you all well. I have been busily creating and trying to prepare for my first scrapbooking retreat. To say that I am excited is a complete understatement! Today I have a layout for you showing a picture of my two boys from a few years ago, and a name tag that I have made for the retreat.

Best Buddies Layout

For this layout I found my Memory Maze 'Best Buddies' piece and searched through my photo collection for a picture that I thought would suit. I happened to find the perfect picture. My boys actually behaving, smiling and playing nice for the camera at the same time! I combined this with 2 tribal pieces (1 of which I have cut in 2) and some papers from Kaisercraft that worked well with both the boy theme and the colour scheme of the picture.

The 'Best Buddies' chippie was prepared by covering it with Adirondack alcohol ink (pitch black) and then rubbing some Adirondack Gold Mixative over the top with my finger. The black base shows through the thin patches of gold in places. To give this even more shine I have used 2 layers of Versa Mark (dazzle) and Zing clear embossing powder.

The Tribal pieces were also inked with the Adirondack Alcohol Ink (pitch black) only this time I added a single layer of Versa Mark (dazzle) and Ranger U.T.E.E. (in clear). Because only 1 coat of the U.T.E.E. was used it gave a very textured appearance to the piece.

In addition to the two previously mentioned chipboard pieces, I also used the remnant from a 'Family' piece. This was used like a stencil with an Emboss-it dabber and some Zing embossing powder in an opaque finish.

Best Buddies Layout

Close up of Best Buddies piece

Close up of the textured effect on the Tribal pieces.

Memory Maze supplies used:



Name Badge

I had to come up with some sort of a name badge for this retreat that I am headed to and I wanted it to be something that was a bit different, but that would also last for a while. So I thought why not make it out of chipboard? I cut a rectangle from a piece of plain board for the base piece. To this I added drops of Alcohol inks in a random pattern until they joined. I then used a flower stamp, some Versa Mark (dazzle) and Zing embossing powder (clear) to create some texture to the surface. Over the top of this I painted a coat of black gesso and then wiped some of it off with a baby wipe, and a layer of matt Gel Medium was applied over this to seal it. The Butterfly Corners and Frame were painted in foil glue and then when it was dry silver foil added to them. 
The base chipboard after having the alcohol ink dropped on it.

The completed name tag
Memory Maze supplies used:



Thanks for visiting

Memory Maze Design Team 2015

1 comment:

  1. The layering on your layout is great! And definitely very much a fitting "boy" layout..
    Your tag is fabulous.. What a great idea.. :)

    ReplyDelete