Monday, August 31, 2015

A BIT OF NOSTALGIA & FATHER'S DAY CARD by Liz Hocking

 Liz is on the blog today, fathers day is just around the corner ,


Hello Bloggers,

Well another month nearly over and Christmas will be upon us before we know it.  I have recently been getting my granddaughters' albums up to date to include their great grandparents.   


FAMILY

For this layout I started with a sheet of old patterned paper that I have had for some time and applied some Gesso and a little bronze coloured textured paste. I then used the Memory Maze 'flower' stencil and applied it with textured paste to the patt. paper.

I had lots of fun using Gelatos to colour the flowers and they came up a treat, don't you think?

I then used the negative chipboard 'sunburst' and applied gesso and gelatos and some Modge Podge

Once this was all done, I started with my favourite part of any layout, building it all up with embellishments.  I just had to work on the Memory Maze chipboard 'Family' which I used metallic melts.  I so love the effect that these melts give to chippies, they either can be heated flat or you can make them 'bubble'.

and here is the end result.
Memory Maze products

http://www.memorymaze.com/product_info.php?products_id=19091

http://www.memorymaze.com/index.php?cPath=128


Family
 http://www.memorymaze.com/product_info.php?products_id=18666

FATHER'S DAY CARD

Well with Father's day coming around quick in the southern hemisphere, I thought I would try something different.  I usually do not place chipboard on my cards, but with this lovely grand father clock from Memory  Maze I would not resist using it.  I then treated it with
Art Extra Vagance Textured Paste, Gold crackle.

Then with some new patterned paper I set to putting my card together and here is the end result.  I was so happy with the effect the crackle medium had on the grand clock.

Memory Maze Product.
http://www.memorymaze.com/product_info.php?products_id=17033







Thank
you for visiting today and trust that you have been inspired.

Liz Hocking 
Memory Maze Design Team 2015



1 comment:

  1. Very interesting layout.. And love the card! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete