Monday, August 24, 2015

Get Well Card & Beautiful Layout by Jodie Mason

I hope that this post finds you all well. Today I have a get well card and scrapbooking layout to share with you all. I hope that they will inspire you to get creating some of your own designs.

Get Well Card

My mother recently had to undergo a procedure to have some carcinomas removed, so I wanted to make a card for her that would help to brighten her day. I loved the idea of being able to add a hanky or tissue to a card (especially for a get well theme)! So I decided to make a little 'hanky holder' to attach to the front of the card. From a scrap sheet of chipboard I cut two pieces that were 1.5cm * 3cm and one piece that was 3cm * 4cm. These were glued together (so that one of the shorter pieces was on either side of the longer piece) and then covered with paper and a piece of lace stuck to the front. This was then glued down in place and once dry it was ready to have the hanky inserted.

Get Well card with hanky holder.

Alternative view of the hanky holder.

On the inside of the card there was plenty of space for the kids and I to write on, but I still wanted to add a 'little something' to give it a bit more pizazz. With the hearts chipboard I stamped it with my Versamark ink pad and covered this with Stampendous embossing powder. This has a combination of white and gold embossing powder and fine gold glitter through it, that provides a wonderful coverage over the chipboard. I stuck this to an off cut of paper from the front of the card and then cut around this.
Inside of the card.
Memory Maze supplies used:

Beautiful Layout

Today I wanted to create a layout that was fairly simple in nature and that you did not need a huge amount of supplies for. So with a few pieces of card and paper, flowers and pearls, a bit of lace and a few scrapbooking staples this layout came together. The background flowers and verse were stamped in Versamark and then with a soft dry brush had pearl ex powders dusted over the top. I wanted the chipboard piece to be bright and colourful (like the picture) and to have a fun feel to it. I grabbed my liquid pearls and stickles glitter glues in colours that matched and just dotted them all of the piece.
Layout

Close up of the Beautiful chipboard piece showing the dimension that was added to it.

Alternative view of the chipboard piece.

Memory Maze supplies used:

Thanks for visiting

JODIE MASON
Memory Maze Design Team 2015

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea to add a little gift to the card!! And the layout is super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete