Friday, September 9, 2016

'Believe' by Elisa Ablett

Happy Friday everyone,

Elisa here from the design team, with another project to share with you, it features loads of Memory Maze goodies.

This layout started as a watercolour background that I demonstrated at a recent retreat and also a quote that I stamped and embossed with Colour Blast Snow White Embossing Powder and watercoloured over the top with Colour Blast Shimmer Dust.

I wanted to re-use the background, so I added Colour Blast Texture Paste in Deep Water over the watercolour with a mini heart stencil from Memory Maze, once dry i used another larger heart stencil and a black pen to trace grungy hearts. I also added drops of black ink to the background.


Once the background had dried completely i added a large white circle and traced around it in black ink, i then started on my hand made dream catcher. I repurposed a chipboard heart frame from Memory Maze and gesso'd over the top of the frame and also over my chosen feathers, i then used the rest of the water colours with a paint brush to colour the frame and feathers, i also added some enamel dots to the frame using Nuvo Crystals.  

I found some embroidery thread and using a couple of metal embellishments (old Basic Grey) i threaded the metal embellishments to my watercolour frame and to the feathers as well. 

I stuck the frame down first then added my photo and quote to finish off.

Here are some close ups!!





That's it from me today, thank you for stopping by, make sure you leave some love :-) 



Here is the wonderful Memory Maze products that were used to make this layout, you can find them all here at the Memory Maze Shop.


Thank you heart, great way to say thank you for something specia
Stencil,mask or template J0142 110X180   Min buy 3

Heart to heart  poly template 8x8 sold in 3's


Micro feathers sold 3\'s



1 comment:

  1. This is a stunning layout! I love your bright colours with the solid white.. The featured chipboard piece is brilliant too! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete