Sunday, September 18, 2016

Father's Day clock canvas - by Toni Herron

Good evening crafters. Toni here to bring you this cute little canvas I created for my Dad for Father's Day. As the years go by, I find it more and more difficult to buy him something meaningful or something that he doesn't have. So this time I turned to a special custom piece that I handmade especially for him instead. 

Clock Canvas



I wanted to make something that popped with colour but still metallic enough to pass as a masculine gift. 

First was the base prep. Coating the base with white gesso and then misting and making some splats with a few different sprays. Blues, Greens and a Red. 

Over the initial base I added this great gold metallic wall effect using a Memory Maze stencil with modeling paste and Gold embossing powder.  

The featured piece of chipboard is actually one Across The Page piece that I have cut in half and angled just so. It has been coloured but mixing the colour sprays with white paint. 
Some gold embossing powder sprinkled on top and also some direct spray to finish off the pieces to give added tones and depth. 

The texture of this entire piece is simply stunning. The eye travels over the canvas and the fingers really just want to touch it all of the embellishments and mixed media additions. 


Memory Maze products used; 




Thank you so much for joining me today
Toni Herron
2016 Memory Maze DT Member





No comments:

Post a Comment