Monday, December 14, 2020

Aussie Christmas

 Good morning everyone, Fiona here on this cheery monday. For this weeks blog post I have created a cover page in my art journal for all things Christmas this year. I started with a background in my Art by Marlene A4 journal in which I arranged some Tim Holtz stencils onto the page and sprayed them with Dylusions spray ink in postbox red. I then moved the Holiday knit stencil and used it to fill in the gaps.

 


Whilst the page was drying I used Tim Holtz' new distress spray stain in crackling campfire to blend the colours and fill in some of the white space. I set the page aside to dry and tore out two pages from an old encyclopaedia spraying them with distress oxides in twisted citron, mowed lawn and rustic wilderness. I also used the rustic wilderness distress ink to colour the chipboard.





Once dried I used various leafy die cuts and cut multiple of each. I glued the individual leaves to the chipboard wreath.



I coloured in part the kookaburra chipboard with posca pens for the santa hat and distress crayon for the branch as it gives a different textured look. I then glued the bird onto the wreath.




Since it is a Christmas page after all I added the title...... ready for all the Christmas crafts to follow,



Happy Monday!!


Item used:

Memory Maze - kookaburra Christmas and wreath chipboard

Tim Holtz dies - Wildflowers 2, funky festive, pine branch and Home for the holidays

Tim Holtz stencils - holiday knit, holiday script, plaid, Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment