Sunday, June 21, 2015

Bling Bling with Melissa Barnicoat.


Hi all and welcome to my post for today.

I have two layouts for you that I recently completed while I was away on a retreat. One is very shiny and very feminine and the other is more of a male oriented layout.

Delight


While I was away I was given this gorgeous silver piece. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. The best part is I only used half of it on the layout so I have plenty more to use on some other creations.


I thought the key was a great little touch to the layout. I covered it with liquid pearls and spread with my finger.


My title was part of a set and was sprayed with a mist. This added some shimmer to the title as well. 


Country Layout

My second layout is more for the males and has a country feel to it. I have a passion for the country and loved working with this chipboard. I decided to keep with the raw/kraft feel of the layout and left the chipboard raw but added some ink to the edges of it just to make it pop off the layout 



I think a lot of people get worried with their chipboard and think they have to do something fancy with it. Chipboard is lovely just left as is sometimes. 

I also chose to put my fence upside down to how it was designed. It's great to look at a chipboard piece and use it in a different way to what was originally intended.





Thanks so much for coming along and having a look at my work today. 
Mel
Memory Maze Design Team Member 2015
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely loving these layouts.. The first one is so delicate and pretty! I'm in awe.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layouts both beautifully done...love the earthy tones with the horse.

    ReplyDelete