Sunday, March 25, 2018

Fun in the Sun Mixed Media layout with Sarah

Hello crafty friends, Sarah with you today with a fun scrapbooking layout using some gelli prints and this amazing title, stencils and stamps from Memory Maze!
This layout is of my youngest son at the beach when we were holidaying at Mallacoota. Whilst the day was sunny but not particularly hot, he enjoyed wading in the rock pools and playing on the sand with his brother. I just love this photo. The title 'Fun in the Sun' can be found online here. I painted this black and applied Dimensional Magic to create a shiny finish.
If you haven't seen gelli printing before, be sure to google it and check it out. There are many YouTube clips demonstrating the fabulous projects you can make. Using a gel plate which enables you to create a unique mono print with out a printing press.For this layout I used an 8X10 inch plate. You use various paints on the gel plate with stencils, stamps etc and make prints on paper. Once of my favorite papers to print on is deli paper and this is what I've used for this layout.

Deli paper is a semi-translucent, thin paper that works well with layers and on various projects. As I use my gel plate, I use deli paper to roll my brayer on to off load any excess paint. As you can see by the pictures below, I have created quite a stash of it.
These papers are delightful on their own as you layer (and brayer) the colours on. They are also fabulous torn up and used on layouts, cards and in art journals. Some of my favorite Memory Maze stencils used in designing the paper for this layout are the All Hearts, Checkerplate, Skin 1 and Diamonds. The range of these 8X8 inch stencils can be found here.
I tore pieces of the deli paper and adhered it to my background cardstock using Gel Medium. It is important to put gel medium on to the background cardstock, position the piece of deli and then put more gel medium on top of the deli paper - thats what helps it have a translucent effect once dried. I also used some Colour Blast paste through the Glass Bits stencil.
Once dry, apply stamping with black ink to create further texture to the background. I used Memory Maze background and composition rubber stamps - the range can be sought here here. Some of my go-to favorite background stamps are the Grunge xxx, spots, Vintage background spits and spots and Vintage peace.
Lastly I mounted my photo on to black cardstock and adhered it to the layout. I hope you enjoyed this layout tutorial and will give gelli printing a go - all you need is your Memory Maze stencils, stamps and a gel plate! If you are interested in any of the Memory Maze products, be sure to contact your local craft store or Memory Maze for your local stockist where we can place our local sales reps in contact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment