Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Mixed Media Chipboard tags with Sarah

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with you to showcase the amazing chipboard tags by Memory Maze. There are 18 different designs and can be found on the website here.
These chipboard tags are 130x50mm and are ideal for tag swaps, creating bookmarks or an off the page project. For this post, I used Distress Crayons to jazz up the tag. Lets have a look at the naked tag first so you can see the full design.
Firstly I adhered some die cut shapes to the tag. This creates texture and interest on the tag. I then covered the whole tag with white gesso. Gesso acts as a primer and because I wanted to move the distress crayon around on the the tag, gesso was the best base for this to easily occur. I applied three colours of Distress Crayons to the tag and smudged them using a baby wipe. I then applied some stamping using black archival ink.
I applied a little more gesso with my finger over the die cut area to add some defined areas and finished off the tag by adding some Prima Opal Magix wax in Vintage Silk to add some shine...beautiful! Outlined the edges of the tag with black ink.
Here is an example of a tag, a different design, where I did not add the die cut pieces at the beginning and did not apply gesso to the background. The colours are not as bright but I like it for a varied effect. I added a small photo to this one as a little memento piece.
If you are interested in any of the Memory Maze products, be sure to contact your local craft store or Memory Maze for your local stockist where we can place our local sales reps in contact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment