Sunday, February 17, 2019

Mixed Media backgrounds with Sarah

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with some mixed media backgrounds I have been working on this weekend. These are great for art journal pages, to use for cards or in your scrapbooking.
Using a range of stencils and stamps from Memory Maze, I firstly brayered on acrylic paint to create the first layer. I then used stencils and stamps with coloured ink and paint to add further layers. Here are a small selction of my favorite stamps for this kind of project. I love the flexibility of rubber stamps - being able to bend and move them to stamp on the page. The full range of stamps can be found here.
For this background I used some bubble wrap and applied some white embossing powder to make it pop on the darker background. The mini stencils offered by Memory Maze are perfect for this - they are 4x4 inches or 100X100mm in size and are great to easily manouevre around a wet background.
Here are some of my favorite stencils (I love them all, but these are very versatile for creating backgrounds or for mixed media projects).
I like to work on many pieces at the one time so I dont have to get my paints and inks out at various times. Here is another background using some Memory Maze stamps and stencil. I have also used other stamps from my stash for these backgrounds, including Paper Artsy and Aall and Create. Paint used here is from Dina Wakley. div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">
I hope you enjoyed this project. Stay tuned for some layout ideas coming up using these backgrounds in my memory keeping! Until next time, dont forget if you are interested in any of the Memory Maze products, be sure to contact your local craft store or Memory Maze for your local stockist where we can place our local sales reps in contact with them. The range of products available from Memory Maze are available online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment