Saturday, February 20, 2021

Under the Sea

 This week has felt a little like being under water! This week I was sitting in the craft cave looking around at the piles of papers, sprays, pencils, stamps, more paper in a pile, old books to tear up and drawers with bits in it that I am not sure when was the last time I had opened them, and thinking what could I offer on this post. That is how this creation cam about, using my stash, looking in boxes and drawers that hadn't been looked in for too long, to find old treasures and make them new!

 I created this journal page using dylusions sprays and stencils for the background. I initially sprayed down the colours, then used a darker colour through the stencil. I added another layer with a different stencil and then let it air dry, only blotting off the very large puddles.


 Once it was dry, I stamped onto the page, highlighting in white posca pen. I also stamped out some mushrooms and a fish onto a separate piece of card before colouring and cutting it out adhering to the page with a glue stick. I also sprayed the seahorse and butterfly wings with Dina Wakley acrylic gloss spray for a bit of added shine. I positioned the seahorse with wing onto the page and drew around it in a pencil before removing it and colouring in the background with a black posca pen in order for the seahorse to stand out.



From there I decided I really needed to start using up more of my stash so went into the ribbon and fabric draw pulling out various textured ribbons and one piece of fabric I cut into strips. I arrnaged them on the page to give texture and focus to the seahorse before gluing them down.



Items used:

Memory maze seahorse chipboard

Dylusions dye ink sprays in lime, cut grass, dirty martini and calypso teal

Dylusions stamps - Under the sea, Toadstool town, ocean backgrounds


No comments:

Post a Comment