Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Sweet Dreams - Gangster Kitty

 Good afternoon team, Fiona here, back from some time off. Today I wanted to share my creation using Dina Wakley gloss sprays for the background and to make quick work of colouring the Memory Maze chipboard.



I started off with my Art by Marlene 300gsm watercolour paper from the A4 album. I sorted through some of the Tim Holtz layers - urban collection and picked out some pieces I liked then glued them to the paper.



 As I already had a photo picked out for this page I wanted to use the warm colours of the gloss spray to go with it. 



I then sprayed in layers of lightest to darkest colour not letting it dry before adding the next colour so they could fuse together. I let that page dry without a heat gun, it was a rather hot day in the craft cave anyhow so it didn't take too long before it was good to go. 



Whilst waiting I sprayed the chipboard word sweet dreams, which I had cut apart in order to place them top and bottom of the photo. after that I found some dictionary paper on my table which I had used as a stamp off page, ripped it to a size slightly bigger than my photo then stuck it down. I decided that as my little kitten - Kevin, is so cute (and very innocent when asleep) that he should have a little love heart. I broke open the pack of family tree Memory Maze chipboard and sprayed the love heart in both night (navy blue) and white acrylic gloss spray.




The finished page below.



This was a fun page to create with plenty of easy techniques and also using items close at hand

Items used:

Memory Maze chipboard - 'Sweet Dreams' and 'family tree' (love heart)

Dina Wakley acrylic gloss spray - white, cheddar, lemon, apricot, magenta, fuchsia and night

Art by Marlene A4 journal

Tim Holtz urban layers










No comments:

Post a Comment