Saturday, March 2, 2019

First Day with Sarah

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with you today with a Travelers Notebook layout using the handmade paper from my 'mixed media bckgrounds' blog post on the 17 February 2019. Be sure to check that out if you haven't seen how I made that yet. Let's take a look...
For my youngest son's first day of school, of course I took a myriad of photos! My older son is not so keen on classroom pics anymore (apparently he is too mature for that now) so I wanted to capture this special first day of school for this little man. The perfect way to do this was in the A5 Travelers Notebook (TN) from The Travelers Notebook online. I plan to capture my memories this year by using a TN with key stories / photos in it each month.

The Memory Maze pocket pieces are perfect for this! If you havent heard of the Pocket Piece collection, this is a series of acrylic pieces designed to be used together for memory keeping particular topics of interest - this one being a focus on school / education. This layout showcases the gorgeous "First Day" acrylic piece in the shape of a red apple.
This acrylic piece, and many more, can be found on the Memory Maze website here. The background paper I made using a variety of stencils and stamps was cut and adhered to the pages of the TN. The photos were backed using book paper and black cardstock. The circle stickers were from the Ali Edwards 'Learn' kit. I loved how the green stickers complimented the colours in the background paint colours. Lastly, I adhered the acrylic piece using Helmar Quick Dry glue.
If you are interested in any of the Memory Maze products, be sure to contact your local craft store or Memory Maze for your local stockist where we can place our local sales reps in contact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment