Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Flowers are always a good idea

 Hi team, Fi here bringing you another A4 journal page in my Art by Marlene journal. Today I was working away from the craft cave so decided I would use my scribble sticks as paint. These are a great and easy way to carry many colours of pigment with a full range of colours for any project.


I scribbled olive and evergreen scribble sticks directly onto the water colour page. I then used a wide water brush to blend the colours together and move the pigment around the page. Using Dina Wakley's X's stencil I placed it onto my page whilst wet and removed some of the paint with a babywipe, also wiping it over the blank areas to leave some colour. 

I then got some of the floral chipboard and sprayed it with water until saturated before halving the chipboard and leaving it to dry. Once mostly dry (as I can be impatient) I used the water brush directly onto the scribble stick to get colour and painted each of the chipboard pieces. I had also stamped a nest and coloured that the same way.

I glued down some tissue collage paper and assembled the chipboard onto the page before adding a little more stamping and the word stamps (also Dina Wakley). Shown below you can see where I have stamped onto the chipboard also to add some detail and texture - I used a distress archival stamp pad.


Assembled and glued down prior to the final stamping.


No comments:

Post a Comment