Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Distress tags

 Hi Team, Fiona on the blog today. I have been having a lovely time reengaging with my Tim Holtz distress inks and tags. I created a few backgrounds with multiple layers of distress inks drying between layers. I decided to try a couple of different techniques whilst I was playing. As I was making tags I used the memory maze chipboard word flags mixing up a couple by spraying over the top with water and rubbing off the top layer to add some grunge to them! These are going to look great on some presents this year and so easy to do.





I used a paint technique Tim had in his compendium books from years ago. I used the dauber top distress paints (for convenience but you could use any acrylic paint for this) on a cling stamp stamping lightly so not to smudge the image. Once dry I went over the top with walnut stain ink and the blending foam to bring out the picture.


The next technique I completed the background and then ran the tag through the 3D texture fade embossing folder. I realised I had done it up the wrong way however still happy with the effect. I then ran walnut stain ink over the top to bring out the brickwork. Th Cardinal is a limited release die no longer available sadly - all coloured with distress ink.



for the last technique, I used some tissue paper and die cuts over the top of the background spraying some of the new Kitch flamingo distress oxide spray over the top. 


Items used:

Memory maze chipboard word flags

Tim Holtz distress ink - various colours

Tim Holtz 3D texture fad embossing folder

Tim Holtz die cuts

tags and imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment