Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, I shall be too late!

 Good Morning Memory Maze fans, Fiona here today on the blog. For this post I have created a page again using cuttables of everyone's favourite childhood story - Alice in Wonderland. The cuttables are such a versatile product good for cards, scrapbooks and journals. I used my Art by Marlene journal (A4 size), Dina Wakley scribble sticks, stencils and tissue paper and the cuttables and chipboard from Memory Maze!


Starting with the background I used three of the different blues of scribble stick, scribbling a good amount of pigment onto the paper (which is a heavy watercolour cardstock) and used my water brush to spread the colour around and blend the colour, as well as creating some patterns by using extra water over the background before it dried.

From there I used my trusty glue stick and glued onto the background four of the cuttable images that I had torn out from the page, overlapping them in a cluster before also colouring over the top of these randomly with the same three colours of scribble stick. From there I added the hearts tissue paper.


As I think of big red hearts when thinking of Alice in Wonderland I found a hearts stencil by Dina Wakley and used her ruby paint to paint through it to add bold bright red hearts. over most of the page, I had to reposition the stencil a couple of times to add hearts diagonally on the page to draw your eye to the chipboard words and the rabbit. I painted the rabbit black to stand out and left the letters raw as I like the look of raw chipboard on bright colours.



Have a great Thursday!


Items used:
Memory maze Cuttable sheet
Memory Maze chipboard
Dina Wakley paint - Ruby
Dina Wakley scribble sticks - Turquoise, peacock and sky
Dina Wakley tissue paper
Dina Wakley stencil - The best hearts
Art By Marlene A4 journal



No comments:

Post a Comment