Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Toxique - featuring new Cuttables

 Good afternoon, today on the blog I am sharing a journal page I created using the new Memory Maze Cuttables. These two pages below that I have used various pieces from are part of the steampunk range.



The card these are printed is a good thickness and easy to cut around. I am not a huge fan of the fussy cutting however did not mind these as they are mostly block shapes in which you can cut as little or as much detail as you like!

I started with a page from my A4 Art by Marlene journal which is a thick watercolour paper. I used distress oxides and inks to create the background, drying between layers building on the colours, trying to match them in with the printouts colours also. I started out with hickory smoke in distress oxide and black soot in the distress ink mini. I layers with more hickory smoke in regular distress ink and scattered straw before breaking out the clockwork stencil from Tim Holtz and using my absolute favourite colour - walnut stain, through that stencil to create more layers to the background.



I also used embellishments of the Tim Holtz 2020 curiosities sticker book along with the Memory Maze cuttables and a chipboard key that I coloured with spiced pumpkin distress ink. I used some text and a some words to add some further interest and called it done. You could easily turn something like this into a scrapbook page or a card with only the cuttables and some chipboard words!



The finished page...




Have a great week.

Fiona



No comments:

Post a Comment