Thursday, September 17, 2020

Weather the storm


 Hi everyone, it’s Fiona here and this is my first blog post for Memory Maze! I am super excited to be sharing my journal page spread with you. I used my Dina Wakley blue journal on the watercolour and white burlap pages where I sprayed Dina’ acrylic gloss sprays onto both surfaces. When spraying on a less porous surface you will see how the colours resist each other and create beautiful backgrounds.  I used the wet spray paints to glue down torn up pieces of tissue paper.


I used the chipboard snowflake as a mask to spray the darkest colour - night, moving it to different areas of the page.

 I sprayed directly onto the back of white printed tissue paper to match the page and drew roughly around the images with black pen, then cut one of the snowflakes to give the illusion of 3 snowflakes as I only had 2, these snowflakes had a hanging loop which I had cut off earlier.


Once the sprays had dried I used Dina’s new stamp set ‘everyone welcome’ to stamp the windows onto the background for more depth to the page and add more detail.


From there I glued down the tissue paper and snowflake chipboard then printed off the quote and tore around the edges before I went over the chipboard with a clear glitter pen for that added sparkle!



I hope this has given you some ideas on using chipboard for masks and not as a whole piece.




Supplies used:
Dina Wakley journal - blue edition
Dina Wakley gloss sprays -  turquoise, night, medieval and ocean
Dina Wakley tissue paper - Just words
Dina Wakley stamps - Everyone welcome
Memory Maze chipboard large snowflakes
Colourblast clear shimmer pen

1 comment: